Win10’s update cannot be set to not update the driver and it always includes the driver that just released internal, not public. These versions’ drivers may cause some problems, especially compatibility problem.
The way to solve this problem is very easy, just following the steps below:
- Go to Nvidia’s Official Website to download the version you want to restore. If you have the version copy file in your disk , it’s okay. Anyway, first of all, you must store the version you want to install in your disk.
- Uninstall your updated driver from the Programs and Features, Control Panel. [Sometimes you cannot see the uninstall menu on the list so you must go to Device Manager to uninstall the driver. See: How to Uninstall Drivers in Windows]
- Cut off any connection to Internet.
- Reboot your computer.
- Install the driver that you want.
Things need to be careful:
- If your favourite version is lower than the Win10 Update Version, you will follow the instruction again when you finish the update because the Win10 Update will always update your driver to the latest or higher version. If you want to disable automatic update on Win10, you can disable the relative services or policies. (See: How To Turn Off Windows Update In Windows 10)
- If your favourite version is higher than the Win10 Update version, everything is okay and you can update your system at all time.